Special Offers on Mince and Eggs so why not try a South African Bobotie for a mid-week change or a week-end party
Our own beef mince – £15.00 for 2 1/2 k Free Range Eggs £6.00 a tray
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 500g minced beef
- One thick slice of white or brown bread
- 125 ml milk
- 1Tablespoon curry Powder ( your choice!)
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 15 ml vinegar
- 65g Raisins
- 2 Tablespoons of Mango Chutney or a Chutney of your own
- 1 Egg
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Soak bread in the milk
- Gently fry the onion until golden, then add minced beef and saute quickly.
- Squeeze the bread, but keep the milk. Add this and all the dry ingredients to the meat mixture.
- Stir and fry gently then add the vinegar, chutney and raisins.
- Cook gently until all the mixture is combined. Turn this mixture into a greased, ovenproof dish.
- Mix egg with the milk and pour over the meat mixture.
- Bake at 180C for 45 mins or until golden and the milk mixture set
Why not try Hollows and Fentimans alcoholic Ginger Beer as a refreshing accompaniment. Find it alongside our range of Langton Brewery Beers.